Bible Quickies: Being Content in God

Hello y'all!
Today's Bible Quickie will be over being satisfied in The Lord. Recently I came across a song on spotify called "Satisfied In You (Psalm 42)" By The Sing Team. This post is entirely based on that song. I hope you enjoy!

3 Steps To Being Satisfied/Content In God

1. IF YOU DONT ASK YOU WONT RECEIVE
In Mathew 7:7-8 it says: Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives, the one who seeks finds, and the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
I've loved this particular passage because its telling us the obvious. Sometimes we just forget to ask because we have a thing in our head that we don't deserve it or that God "doesn't work."

A similar verse is James 1:5 says "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you."
Again this verse points out that all we need to do is ask The Lord. He tells us that He has enough for us and that he will provide. So all we need to do is ask. If we don't why would He give it to you.
One last thing to think about on this one. If you didn't tell someone that you liked video games and you wanted a new game, how would they know to give it to you. You wouldn't be angry at them for not giving you something you didn't ask for.



2. WE NEED TO "THIRST" FOR GOD

Like I said this whole Quickie is based off a song based off of Psalm 42. And my favorite line is Psalm 42:1 which says, "As a deer pants for water, so my soul pants for you."


This gives an amazing visualization of how it is to want and need God. But sometimes yes it is hard to want a God that you might blame for things in your life. But as you might remember I went to Kamp last week and one of my counselors said something along the lines of, "I have to ask God daily "God make me want and need you because I won't want you otherwise." It just showed me that that is an amazing way to ask for help when you need The Lord. I had never even thought of that.


3. YOU HAVE TO REALIZE THIS ISNT AN OVERNIGHT PROCESS

When you are having troubles being content in God you have to understand that you cant just pray and it magically work. You have to believe your prayer works. All your heart. In James its says to pray wholeheartedly because those who don't are like trees in harsh wind which bend and get crushed. 



The definition of content is: pleased and satisfied, not needing more. That can be hard to be truly pleased and satisfied overnight. As humans we always want more. The world tells us that if we just had this or we just did that we will be happy. But in reality it makes us want more that the world can't give us.




I hope y'all enjoyed this "Bible Quickie" and that you guys got something out of it. I know more than anyone that it can be hard to be content in The Lord and not need other peoples approval and love. It helped me a lot just to write this. I love you so much! And I hope you have a fantastic day!
-Caroline

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts