Bible Quickies: Anxiety

Hey y'all!
As y'all can probably tell from the title this "Bible Quickie" will be over anxiety and worrying. Let me give you a quick backstory. I have anxiety most of the time. I live with it everyday of my life. I have not been diagnosed with any anxiety disorder but I still feel the effects it has on me. If you have anxiety you will know what I'm talking about when I say..... PEOPLE NEED TO SHUT UP.  Mainly when they say things like "get over it everyone worries" "Why should you worry when people in Africa worry about their lives daily" "You're worrying over nothing!" "There is nothing to worry about!"

      Some people need to get it through their heads that if we could control our anxiety we would stop it. However, we can't really control it. It's hard to think that its a sin to worry. We are supposed to trust in the Lord and have faith in Him. But it's hard. Very hard. We are supposed to trust in God even we feel like getting slapped in the face would be better than the pain you're feeling.

     I have a few verses to share to kinda help ease your anxiety. While I was preparing everything for this post I was having very rough anxiety, but these verses really helped.

1. Matthew 6:25-34


I only put the first verse to simplify things. I highly suggest memorizing this verse if you have anxiety. I suggest memorizing all of these verses if you have anxiety. This is a classic verse for anxiety and worriers. It may be an oldie but a goodie. This just goes to show that the bible is still relatable even though it was written hundreds of thousands of years ago.

2. James 1:12


This one may not seem like a verse for anxiety, but I have found this one really helps. It's telling us that if we get through this hard time we will be blessed. I know having anxiety is horrible and its hard, but if we can get through it The Lord will help us.

3. Isaiah 12:2


I absolutely love this one. Just reading it right now just calms me down. "The Lord himself is my strength and my defense, He has become my salvation." He loves and cares for us. I know it's hard to have faith in The Lord sometimes, but we have to remember what he has and will do for us.

Thank y'all for reading. I love y'all soooo much. And I hope you have a fantastic day!
-Caroline Archer



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts