Book Chat: Every Last Word By. Tamara Ireland Stone

Hello Guys!
I haven't done a book review in a while and recently I read a brand new book and *spoiler alert* I loved it. So I'm gonna go through a quick run down of the story and what I thought of it!

Every Last Word is a book about a girl-named Samantha- who lives with OCD. She is a part of the popular group at her school and non of her friends know that she has OCD. One day she meets a girl named Caroline (which is the main reason I bought the book.) Caroline shows Samantha a secret poetry club that she is a part of. Sam is skeptical at first but ends up enjoying it a lot. In the mix she meets a boy. If I tell you the name it'll spoil it but I loved them together and they were so cute. Thats all I really have to say about the Non-Spoilery section. I give this book a 93% because I loved it that much! And give this book a try and come back and we can discuss it together!

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

So as you know I love this book. I totally loved the relationship that Sam and Caroline had. I realize that Caroline is fake, which by the way I totally cried at that part, but they still had a good dynamic and I still loved how Sam was getting less and less anxiety throughout the book. 

Yeah I cried for like the last maybe 50 pages. I wasn't really crying because it was sad but because of how Caroline was such a good friend and she really understood Sam. Sam needed a push that her other friends couldn't and wouldn't give her. Caroline led her to all of her friends and boyfriend that she met in the poet's corner. 

I loved EVERYONE in the poet's corner. They were such an accepting group of kids and AJ....... I love AJ. He was so nice and he totally accepted sam's apology and he got it. He was okay that she has OCD and it was okay that she had a friendship with Caroline.  He got her on a level none of her other friends did.

Now the poems were not exceptional. But I did not expect any mind blowing poetry. But she is a writer so she should have put a little more effort into the poems.

This is a surprisingly easy read, the pages just fly by. I read this in basically one sitting on a bus to Chicago.  This bus was uncomfortable and loud but I finished it.

*SPOILERS DONE*

I hope you guys enjoyed! I highly recommend this book for anyone above the age of 12. There is a few cuss words. But otherwise amazing book. 

Comments

Popular Posts