Romans 1:8-17

Romans 1

Romans 1:8-17

Verse 8-10:
 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world. God, whom I serve in my spirit in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God’s will the way may be opened for me to come to you.
The disciples were already spread around the world and it was only around 50-60 years after Jesus died. I'm very thankful that all these people listened to God and went and spread the word. Even if one person didn't listen to God we could  just as easily, through a series of many events, not even be here today, or not listen to God. Paul most likely wanted to see the Romans to thank them and to give them advice.

Verse 11:
 I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong—
He doesn't think about himself. He thinks about what he could do for others not what they can do for him. He will show them insight into new ways of sharing Christ and show them kindness and that is very rare to see now a days.

Verse 12:
that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith.
This verse is talking about that feeling when you meet someone with lots of faith, you feel their faith and you just feel encouraged by their faith.

Verse 13:
 I do not want you to be unaware, brothers and sisters, that I planned many times to come to you (but have been prevented from doing so until now) in order that I might have a harvest among you, just as I have had among the other Gentiles. 
 He has been planning on this for a long time. Its like when you plan a family vacation, it takes a long time but it means you are dedicated to going. He is hoping to see many converts when he gets there.
Verse 14:
 I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish.
We are obligated to share our faith to the mean and the nice. We aren't supposed to share our faith to only people who we are sure will convert, we are meant to share it to everyone. Give everyone a fair chance to heaven.

Verse 15: 
That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in Rome.
I'm guessing why so many Christians were in Rome is because it is the largest empire at the time. It was very smart of the Christians to move their so it could spread like a weed through the villages there. 

Verse 16:
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.
We can't be ashamed of the gospel. It is a good thing not a thing that is bad. We should want to share it with other people not want to keep it hidden for no one to see. And why he says to the Jew then Gentile is because God promised to bless the world through the Jews. So they believed that they should share the faith with them first because they are God's chosen people.

Verse 17:
For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”
We are called to live by our faith. We are the righteous, Gods people, and so that entails living by our faith.

Thanks you guys for reading I hope you enjoyed today's "Roman Digest." It was a fun one for me. I love y'all, and God loves you.
-Caroline

https://linktr.ee/luvingjoy





Comments

Popular Posts