Favorite Verses

Hey you guys,

This is gonna be a quick and easy post, filled with just my favorite verses. Enjoy

Romans 8:1

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
I love this verse due to the fact that we are free from judgement of the world.

James 1:12

I love this verse because it gives hope in rough times.

John 16:33

I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
We don't need to worry about the world. He has already overcome the world for us.

Micah 6:8

Its so simple, it speaks for itself. Its so plain and tells us straight up what to do.

Matthew 5:7


We need mercy. There is a reason Jesus came to earth, because we need him.

Ephesians 2:19-22

 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens,[a] but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. 22 In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by[b] the Spirit.
Our identity is in Christ. Not in the things we own or do, its in our faith.

John 15:18-19

“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
Truly if we aren't hated, we are doing something wrong.

Psalms 42

As a deer pants for flowing streams,    so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God,    for the living God.When shall I come and appear before God?  My tears have been my food    day and night,while they say to me all the day long,    “Where is your God?   These things I remember,    as I pour out my soul:how I would go with the throng    and lead them in procession to the house of God with glad shouts and songs of praise,    a multitude keeping festivalWhy are you cast down, O my soul,    and why are you in turmoil within me?Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,    my salvation[c]   and my God.My soul is cast down within me;    therefore I remember youfrom the land of Jordan and of Hermon,    from Mount Mizar. Deep calls to deep    at the roar of your waterfalls;all your breakers and your waves    have gone over me. By day the Lord commands his steadfast love,and at night his song is with me,
    a prayer to the God of my life. I say to God, my rock:    “Why have you forgotten me?Why do I go mourning    because of the oppression of the enemy?”  As with a deadly wound in my bones,    my adversaries taunt me,while they say to me all the day long,    “Where is your God?”    Why are you cast down, O my soul,    and why are you in turmoil within me?Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,    my salvation and my God.

Its relatable, it really speaks for itself. 

Psalms 56:3

When I am afraid, put my trust in you.

Its so simple but it is so hard to do. Its a great reminder of something we should do in our everyday life.

I believe everyone needs at least five verses memorized that are not the standard Genesis 1;1 or John 3:16. We need to learn to hide God's word in our heart.


-Caroline

Comments

Popular Posts